Friday, April 21, 2006
SAT, PSAT or GRE Tutoring
Opening Bid: $75
Monday, April 10, 2006
Rules for the Blog-Auction
1) To bid - use the comment function under each post.
2) Please include your name, email address, and bid in whole dollar increments.
3) Bidding will end at 6:00pm Friday, April 28.
4) Winning bidders will be notified by email/phone.
5) Items will be mailed/delivered to winning bidders upon receipt of payment.
6) Please be generous - this all benefits an amazing cause
Saturday, April 08, 2006
Spend an afternoon getting in touch with your bike and the great outdoors! Brush up on basic bike maintenance and handling - like how to change a tire - and enjoy rural Baltimore County. I'll lead a small group (2-4 people) on either a road or trail ride - you get to pick.
Opening bid $25
Ceramic Bowl and Pitcher
Hand thrown bowl and matching pitcher. Bowl is 7.5 in x 3.5in; Pitcher is 6 in tall. Lovingly made by yours truly. Glazed in Shaner's Clear and Temoku (one of my favorite glazes) and high-fired, so its food safe and dishwasher safe.
Opening bid $35
Hand Thrown Ceramic Bowl
Wheel thrown ceramic bowl (7 in X 5 in),
lovingly made by yours truly. Glazed in Wensu Blue and Sonya's Red and high-fired so its food safe and dishwasher safe.
Opening bid $20
Plush Fleece Pull-Over
Gray and black long sleeve pull-over fleece donated by Harley Davidson of Baltimore. Size Large. Super comfortable!
Opening bid: $25
Friday, April 07, 2006
Afternoon on the Bay
Opening Bid $75
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Relax with a Massage!
($70 value each) .
Opening bid $45 each
Manicure Gift Certificate
Opening Bid $20
American Visionary Arts Museum
2 tickets for admission to Baltimore's Visionary Arts Museum - home of self-taught artists' masterpieces and Kinetic Sculpture Race entries.
Opening Bid - $12
Lunch & the Aquarium with Jenn!
Spend an afternoon with your favorite Baltimore Aquarium Member and explore the newest exhibit, Australia - Wild Extremes, as well as all your old favorites! Add lunch on me & make it a great afternoon in Charm City!
Opening Bid - $20
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Bake sale success!
Valentine's Day bake sale was very successful, thanks to my colleagues at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation
Sunday, February 12, 2006
Cold Weather Training!
Team in Training Century Bike Ride
Hi, I'm Jenn Aiosa, Environmental Scientist for the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and proud participant the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training® .
I have begun training for another Century event - 100 miles in one day on a bike. The event for which I will train is called "America's Most Beautiful Bikeride" and is located at Lake Tahoe. Higher altitude and much hillier terrain than I am used to here in Maryland! This year, in addtion to committing to raise $4,500 myself, I am also volunteering my time to help train other cyclists for this same event. So, if all goes well, we can fly out to Tahoe together and ride what I am sure will be the most difficult, yet most rewarding bikeride we have ever experienced.
Some people have asked me why I choose to do these rides with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training.
- One is simply, because I CAN - I am healthy and strong and feel a personal need to help others in this world who may not be physically able to do something like this.
- Two - I have met some AMAZING people who are a part of the Team in Training "Family" - riders, survivors, family members who have lost loved ones, and some really dedicated staff and volunteers who make me want to work harder and raise more money.
- Third - the whole approach of "Team in Training" helps me push myself physically and mentally, while offering me some access to a great coach and others who are sharing the process with me!
I can NOT do this without all of you though. I have NEVER attempted to raise this much money, so I ask humbly for you to be as generous as you can. I also need your moral support. Many of you also know that the spring is my busiest time at work, so training may not always be what I most feel like doing. I need you to cheer for me, and maybe even push me out the door when its cold and I'm tired. I also need you to help me share my effort - please consider forwarding my email and website link to others you know who may be willing to donate.
I have been amazed to learn just how many people have a connection to a blood cancer and would be willing to help us raise money for patient services and vital research. Donating is easy; My webpage through the Team in Training allows you a place to make a quick, secure donation via credit card. Go to - http://www.active.com/donate/tntmd/cycleJenn and choose a level to donate.
I'm off and riding - and looking forward to an amazing journey. Please come with me!
Thanks SO much! Jenn